Acoustic Energy AE308 Subwoofer
Acoustic Energy AE308 Subwoofer is designed to complement and synchronise seamlessly with the other models in the 300 Series.
It features prodigious performance in both Hi-Fi and AV systems; exploiting its new 500W (RMS) amplifier paired to a 12” high-excursion doped and stiffened pulp-fibre driver, the 308 utilises DSP modes to tailor performance ideally to desired usage, a first for AE.
308 can function in music mode where it will perform in a balanced, precise manner extending low frequencies of the key speakers naturally and seamlessly down to 26Hz (+/-6dB). In Movie mode, there will be supplementary “slam” on offer to facilitate explosive movie soundtracks in AV systems. Finally, Impact mode substitutes outright extension for optimum volume and serious impact more similar to a club set-up for when you want to party hard!
Like the matching speakers, 308 is supplied in stunning real wood American walnut veneer, piano gloss black or white lacquer to match the other 300 Series models and has robust carpet-piercing spikes which come with convenient rubber caps for use on hard flooring.
- Driver: Sealed box, downward firing
- 12” High-excursion doped, stiff paper cone
- Freq response: 26Hz-120Hz +/- 6dB
- Inputs: Low level stereo RCA, LFE RCA
- High level stereo binding posts
- Power output: 500 Watts RMS
- Crossover: 40-120Hz rotary control
- Phase: 0-180 degrees rotary control
- Amplifier type: Class D
- Mains input: 115-240V switchable
- Dimensions (HWD): 360 x 360 x 360mm
- Net weight: 16.5kg